Question

Weight loss

Hi doc,

Please give me a name of a slimming tablet that can be used with my contraceptive Melodene I'm not planning another baby but want to lose weight I don't want to harm my body with drugs or things but I know that there is prescription pills that work.

Dear Anon
Slimming tablets is not the way to go. The best way is by exercise and eating right. Most slimming tablets contain ephedrine that can cause jitteryness and heart palpitations, or are habit forming.
Reductil® (sibutramine) is a drug used in the management of gross obesity which has not responded to other forms of treatment such as diet and exercise. Reductil absorbs fat and only works if you are someone that eats fatty food regularly (and then it causes a oily anal discharge and windiness...)It also only works for as long as you take it. Look on the health 24 website under diet for some diet tips.
Trust me, I wish there were an easier way myself...
dr Bets