Question
Posted by: cindy | 2007/08/01

weight loss

hi there

i am 27 years old 1.68m tall and i weight 96kg. i picked up the 30kg with my first miscariage ( my body produced 4 times normal level of hormones) after the birth of my daughter 9 months ago , i went to 115kg. ( she was 4.58kg at birth) i have started an eating plan, counting calories and i eat aprox 1000-1200 cal a day. i have lost 10kg in 3 months. i do not have the time to exercise , i have been promising myself that i would get up at 4h30 to do tybo , but its winter and the bed is so warm. is there something i can take to increase my metabolism and please be honest am i been to impatient. ( ps i took three years to put it on).

Dear Cindy
If your present BMI = 34 then it is important that you should continue to lose weight until you weigh 71 kg which would ensure a normal BMI of 25. Congratulations on losing those 10 kg over 3 months, which is the sensible way to do things. Slow, steady weight loss is much more effective in the long run than rapid weight loss which is usually followed by just as rapid regain and exposes you to the danger of becoming a yo-yo dieter. If you took 3 years to gain this weight then you can take a few months to lose it. The safest way to increase metabolism and promote weight loss is to do aerobic exercise (for example if you buy a skipping rope and start skipping every day for 30 min then you will increase your Basic Metabolic Rate and assist weight loss). You can skip in the privacy of your own home at any time that is convenient, as long as you do so every day. Increase how long and fast you skip as you lose more weight and get fitter. Please don't use slimming pills as they are all associated with a long list of negative side-effects, cost money and often don't do the job.