Question
Posted by: Helena | 2007/03/19

weight loss

I have heard that an individual can have a blood test which will tell which foods should be avoided by that person in order to lose weight. Can you tell me if there is any truth is this.

Dear Helena
It is true that there are a number of slimming organisations that first 'test' the client's blood and then put the client on a diet. This is, however, an unrealistic approach, because no one gains weight because of supposed "allergies". Many individuals suffer from real allergies to foods (wheat, eggs, milk, soy, etc), but this does not make them gain weight. The reason why a person gains weight is because they ingest more energy than they expend, thus to lose weight you need to eat less and do more exercise.

1
Posted by: mbali | 2007/03/20

im loosing weight and its not even funny. Im 22 years weigh 45kg and 1.65 tall. i Desperately want to gain weight.

Reply to mbali