Question
Posted by: Rose | 2005/12/02

weight loss

I have a ubderactive thyriod problem what dieet do you think will help me to loos weight.I traid everything. I am using medication for my thyriod but I need to loos weight.

thanks

Dear Rose
You need to take your thyroid medication as prescribed every day. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).