Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2004/10/26

Weight loss......

I would like to find out if what I am doing would help accelerate weight loss. At the moment I eat well, fruit, veggies and all that sort of thing in the right amounts, I have a diet from a dietician. The diet does help but would it help and be a noticeable benefit if I incorporate walking and some light weights into my life. I have started to walk for about 30 minutes to 1 hour 3 times a week and some light weights in a circuit format doing my whole body 2 - 3 times a week. Would all of this be of notable benefit? What sort of results could be expected?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Melissa
Certainly - exercise is a great boon to losing weight - it not only increases your energy output, but also firms up your body and produces chemicals called endorphins in the body which lift your mood - a natural high. In addition research has indicated that people who combine exercise with dieting lose more weight, are more motivated to stick to their diet, feel more positive and keep their weight off.
Enjoy