Question
Posted by: Tia | 2004/01/22

weight lifting

Doc, I just wanna find out which one is right, starting off with weight lifting, then aerobics or visa versa.

Hi Tia

For weight loss and toning, my advice would be to do the cardio first, and then do the weight training. The weight training you do is aimed at toning the muscle, not building it, and so it is not essential for you to lift the really heavy weights. For this reason, doing the cardio first, and then doing weight training using slightly lighter weights and doing more reps would be the way to go.