Question
Posted by: Weight issues | 2005/07/28

Weight issues

Hi, l am 22 years old, 1.6m tall and weigh 47kg. I have always enjoyed going for a jog and playing squash. Recently, however, I haven't been that active, due to a really tough course and our campus isn't situated in a save area. The problem comes in with my boyfriend; whenever we see a really sexy girl on the television or in a film he'll lean over and say: "If you come with me to the gym, you can also look like that." I feel really offended, for, although l am not that toned anymore, l am still thin and in shape. He doesn't seem to realize how bad l am taking this - no one has ever said anything bad about my body before. l have already asked him to stop doing in and appreciate what he's got, l could have been fat with a lot of cellulite and then he just says if l looked like that he wouldn't have been with me in the first place! Reading this he sounds like a real jerk, but he says it in a joky manner, so it never seems so bad, until l actually start thinking about what he's said. What should l tell him? It is really bothering me, and l go on a guilt trip every time l see my running shoes under my bed!

TOo many people make "jiokes" that can ofend or hurt others. But why not join him in the gym ---for the sake of your own health, and push him to exercise more there ?

3
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/28

Yeah - lots of Vin Diesel movies!!! Then whenever some one mentions Vin D, say "yum!"

(star, not that I was concerned, I was just wondering why he thinks he is so "bok" - but I like your idea!)

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: Star | 2005/07/28

Forget what he looks like Joanne, he's a blind ass. I never even weighed that in high school, I weighed 55kg and that was fine with me.

Don't let this become a mental issue with you, rather dump him then. He should be with you because he loves you as person and not what you look like. Looks should be a bonus, and he has that now.

Sit down and discuss this with him, and like my husband, he will probably tell you that he would like that, but would not like to marry that.

If that does not work, and you really like him, turn it back on him. Show him sexy guys, two can play that game.

Reply to Star
Posted by: Joanne E | 2005/07/28

What's his physique like - is he toned or bulky or what? Perhaps if you turned the tables it will make him realise how it feels. I think that if you tell him he may just get offended and say "but i'm joking - can't you take a joke?" etc - etc - blah blah....

(and remind him that if he stops bench pressing his chest is going to drop onto his knees)

Reply to Joanne E