Question
Posted by: Sue | 2005/07/26

Weight gain with menopause?

I am 48, have recently stopped having periods, but have no other apparent symptoms of menopause. However, my appetite has shockingly increased , and I've gained almost 10kg in 4 months, while I've never had any weight problem before. Could this be linked in any way to menopause? If so, what can I do about it? Even if I tell myself to stop eating, my body keeps on telling me its hungry. I do feel a bit run down at the moment, but not too much, and I think its because we are very busy at work.

The increased appetite is probably the reason for the weight gain and this is not usually related to menopause. The only way to do it is with a balanced diet and exercise program.