Question
Posted by: Lee | 2004/11/17

Weight Gain - Urgent!

Hi there,
I'm 18, I would like to gain at least 15KG in the next 2 months, I don't do much excercise, I walk for an average about an hour a day (Monday - Friday) I eat a lot of 'junk' food such as pizza, buggers, hot chips ect, but I gain nothing! I would like a way to gain at least 15KG in the next 2 months, could you provide me with a step-by-step guide to achieve this... I don't really care about the mussle, just require the 'fat'...

Thank you!
Lee

Dear Lee
If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone Magda on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask her about this and other Nutritional Supplements.

3
Posted by: Poe | 2004/11/17

Lee,

ok, well that's fine then but then it may take longer than only 2 mnths to gain! just bare that in mind!!

All the BEST!!

Reply to Poe
Posted by: Lee | 2004/11/17

Thank you, well I am trying to gain because I am almost 2Metres and am underweight, I would like to gain that to become comfortable with myself...

Regards!

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Poe | 2004/11/17

Eat loads of carbohydrates - like potoes, rice, pasta, bread... and red meat - steak, mince, wors, sausages.
Eat hi carb cereal - like a BIG bowl of chocolate pronutro or Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes, even oats or pap...
you must also eat fruit and veggies though. Drink lots of fruit juices and mix-a-drinks which are PACKED with KJ's and sugars. Do also drink water though and pill on sugars for energy wherever you can, BUT don't burn it off!!
Maybe reduce your walking to 30 minutes a day <if possible>

Why, may i ask, are you trying to again all this weight?

Reply to Poe