Question
Posted by: Beanie | 2006/07/27

Weight Gain & Roaccutane

Hi, I would like to know if there is a link between Roaccutane and weight gain ... as i have currently been on Roaccutane for 5 months now and have gained 5kgs, is this one of Roaccutanes side effects?

Expert ImageArchive

Weight gain is not a recognized side effect of Roaccutane. Concomitant use of a contraceptive pill may cause weight gain.

2
Posted by: A.R | 2014/10/14

I've been using Oratane for 4 months now and have picked up just over 5kgs. Throwing it out today!!!! No amount of makeup can cover love handles :-(

Reply to A.R
Posted by: Mel | 2006/07/28

Strange thing is i also put on weight while on Oratane (generic). 4.5kg. Off to the gym it is!

Reply to Mel