Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2008/01/08

Weight gain on Trepilene

I have been put on Trepilene to help with pain that is thought to be anxiety-related. I'm taking one tablet per day (I don't know what the dosage of one tablet is - perhaps 10mg). My doctor told me that one tablet is a very low dosage. I've heard that weight gain is a side-effect of this drug. My doc wasn't too specific about it. I'm really worried about this.

Do you perhaps know if this is a common side effectof Trepilene and if a low dosage could possible minimise this risk?

I used to suffer from Anorexia. I've been fine for many, many years now. I'm a healthy weight and I'm terrified that if I put on weight with this drug that it will cause me to go downhill again.

Please help - I know I need to be on this drug, but I'm scared.

Many thanks
Lauren

Dear Lauren
You should not pick up weight with a dose less than 25 mg. Higher doses ( 75mg for instance) may lead to slight weight gain.