Question
Posted by: Antlady | 2007/05/21

Weight gain during pregnancy

Hi! I am 23 weeks pregnant. Before I fell pregnant I was very active and fit. Due to bad morning sickness and an old back injury I had to cut back. I have picked up too much weight over the last few weeks. Is it possible for me to loose some of the excess fat during the next few weeks of my pregnancy? I think it will help my back injury as well.

You can try a balanced diet. DietDoc should be able to help.

1
Posted by: Gwendo | 2007/05/21

As far as I know you shouldn't go on a diet to loose excess fat, etc., but to do some light exercise will actually do you good - like go for a walk, swim, something like that. But don't overdo it.

But maybe you should just eat healthy (like they always say), and then when you're baby is born, breastfeed exclussively for the first few months (if you don't want to for long). The breastfeed helps you to loose the weight you've picked up when pregnant. I picked up +/- 10kg while I was pregnant, and lost it in the first month after my LO was born - and I am not a very active person.

Reply to Gwendo