Question
Posted by: Sipho | 2005/07/02

Weight GAIN diet program

Please help I'm a 21yo male, height 6ft 1in, weight 71kg

I've been ging to gym regularly (3 times per week) for 6mths but I'm in desperate need of a diet plan as I don't think that I'm eating enough as I'm very active.

I would like to get to about 76kgs.

Where can I get a diet from? or do you have a diet for me.

Dear Sipho
Your present BMI = 20,8, which is in the normal range. Your ideal weight would be 79 kg. If you are doing a lot of exercise and tend to have a rapid metabolism, you need to eat more at each meal and also have healthy snacks in between meals and before, during and after exercise. I have not worked out a specific diet for individuals who want to gain weight, but I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone(011) 203-2000 and ask about this and other Nutritional Supplements. Remember that you must take these supplements IN ADDITION to your normal meals, not as a replacement of meals, to ensure that you gain more weight.