Question
Posted by: fillingout | 2004/10/18

weight gain and the pill

hi. i have recently started triphasil and am feeling like i am putting on weight/bloated. are there any contraceptive pills that don't have weight gain/bloated side effects ? I am also on effexor 300mg per day which can make you put on weight so i am concerned taking both the pill and the effexor. thanks !

There are other pills with less weight gain properties. Ask your gynae about yasmin.

1
Posted by: Fluffy | 2004/10/19

Hi, just like you, I too have started using Triphasil about 9 months ago. I have gained immense weight and I am not happy about it. The sister at the chemist won't let me go on anything else. Please let me know if you get something else. The other thing is, my eating habits haven't changed since starting Triphasil yet I have gained so much weight. The sister says that I am eat properly and drink lots of water. I have been doing that since for years already. Please let me know. Regards, Beulah

Reply to Fluffy