Question
Posted by: Mimi | 2007/05/14

weight gain and gall bladder

I have heard it is inevitable to gain weight after gall bladder surgery. How can I avoid this.

Dear Mimi
It is not inevitable to gain weight after gall bladder surgery. Whereas before the op, the gall that is produced is stored in the gall bladder, the body goes on producing gall after the op and this is deposited directly into the digestive tract so the function is identical. The only thing that could happen is that you start eating more because you will not feel nauseous any more after the op. So keep this in mind and stick to the quantities you ate before the op and do not increase your fat intake.

2
Posted by: ... | 2007/05/25

The operation has done nothing for my weight.

Reply to ...
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/05/15

I don't think it is true. I lost 8kg's after my Gall bladder was removed! I had BMI of 24 and after the 8kg's was sitting on BMI of 22.

Reply to Cornel