Question
Posted by: Gogga | 2006/10/31

Weight gain after quitting smoking

I have gained about 7kg since I stopped smoking. For the past two months I have stopped nibbling anything and everything and started exercise and have also been taking USN PHedra Cut and CLA. I try to stick to a low GI diet as far as possible, dont eat sweets etc. Nothing is happening!! I am not losing any weight or centimetres. I do drink losts of water. I am 1.65m tall and now weigh 60kg at age 35.

Dear Gogga
Your Basal Metabolic index is 22 which is perfectly normal for your age and length - no wonder your poor body is fighting starvation!! Rather concentrate on fitness, toning and defining and leave the strict dieting as it may just mess up your metabolism and slow it down. Eat healthy but not too little.