Question
Posted by: Just curious | 2004/09/27

Weight gain after marriage

Since I was about 18 years old I weighed 52kg, no gain, no loss. I am 1,75m long. I have very fast metabolism and always seemed underweight, no matter how much and how often I ate. Yes, that was very convenient. I am now almost 28 years old, got married just over 2 years ago. After only a few months of marriage (very happy still) I gained weight up to 65 kg!! I still weigh 65 kg and I am not really worried, cause I look good. But for the first time in my entire adult life I had to replace my entire wardrobe! No more no. 8, but no. 12!! Is this common? Why does it happen (weight gain after marriage), hormonal changes maybe? Or age? I am female.

Just curious, it was probably the change in life style more than anything else. You’re probably eating more regularly now and not exercising as much. As long as your weight stays where it is now you have nothing to worry about. Good luck.

1
Posted by: same thing | 2004/09/29

I had the same thing happening to me, but in my case, it was more due to using the pill - I gained 20kg!!!! I am using a different contraceptive now, and have lost all the weight.

Reply to same thing