Question
Posted by: Lee | 2008/01/25

Weight gain

I please need help..

I am exsperiencing a great deal of wirght Loss and i do not know why i am exsperiencing this kind of weight loss..

I need to know is there something that i kind do in regaining the weight that i have lost as i woul like to pick up more wieight.

Should i go and see my GP regarding this matter.

Please help i can't afford to loss weight

Dear Lee
If you are suddenly starting to lose weight with no apparent reason (e.g. going on a diet) then you MUST go for a physical checkup as this can indicate underlying conditions such as hyperthyroidism, depression, malabsorption syndrome, infections, etc, etc. If you are given a clean bill of health then for basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. You can purchase liquid meal supplements at most chemist shops. Talk to the pharmacist about your need to gain weight and see which products he or she will recommend. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week.. Feedback from other Readers has indicated that they have successfully gained weight by using a meal supplement.