Question
Posted by: Marie | 2007/12/21

Weight gain

Hi, I am 41, going to gym 5 times a week, eat as far as possible normal, but, over the past 3 months I've started to gain about 7 kg, and just keep on putting weight on. They have tested glucose and insulin last week and about 2 months ago hormones and thyroid. Everything showed normal.

Could you please help because I am really getting desperate, especially because I have opened a gym the 1st of Dec, and I am starting to look "bad".

Thanks for your help

Dear Marie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

What do you mean by looking bad? Are you putting on more fat or just getting bigger? Remember that gym or regular exercise causes weight gain by stimulating the muscle tissue to grow. In light of your normal hormones, as well as other blood results, I suggest that you do very light repetitions of weights with smaller weights, in order to burn fat. Stay away from any supplementation and try to look at what you eat. Eat as little as possible but frequently.

Kind regards