Question
Posted by: talat | 2007/08/03

WEIGHT GAIN

i need yo ur help.
am aged 23 my previous normal weight was 55kg but in the last two years i'v lost it to a scary 47kg i hate it so much i gave birth in february wen pregnant i went up to 57kg after my baby i started losing again iv tried everything from eating lots n lots n a high calories diet.am so depressed now i just cant fit in my clothes i was a size 9 and now am size 6 southafrican size.iv gone for an HIV test was negative i just dont know what to do am so hopless please help me cuz i wanna be big and get my botty back and just look beautiful again.if theres any weight gain diet pill u can recommend please do.iv also started the pill hoping ill gain but its just not working.pleas help

Dear Talat
If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week. Some of my Readers have reported that they did gain up to 1 kg per week by using such meal supplements and managed to reach their desired weight.