Question
Posted by: Renu | 2007/07/09

weight gain

I can feel some gaining weight due to the stress and anxiety im going through, i want to eat all the time even though im not so hungry...............i was fat and lost all the weight recently but it seems as if im going to put it all back on again due to my stress. What can i do to prevent this before it gets worse.

It took alot of effort and hard work for me to lose the weight and i dont want to go back to where i was.

Dear Renu
I agree that it is vital that you don't regain all the weight you have lost and undo all the hard work. You must get some help to cope with the stress and anxiety that you are going through. Please consult a clinical psychologist to help you determine what is causing the stress and to teach you methods to cope with the stress that do not entail eating. Ask your gp to refer you to a clinical psychologist or look in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists'. Also try to do some exercise every day like going for a brisk walk for 30 min or more, because regular exercise not only prevents weight gain, but also helps to relax you and combats stress.
Get help fast so that you don't gain weight

1
Posted by: Renu | 2007/07/10

thans doc............im already seeing a clinical psychologist....i did not ask her about weight gain and diet but i will do so on my 2nd visit on saturday.

Reply to Renu