Question
Posted by: fxy | 2006/07/27

Weight gain

Good day, I have been on a detox, cutting out wheat, dairy, caffiene, choc's and sweets, fruits. I have since come off this and starting back on a normal diet still excluding the wheat. I have gained 6kgs in the last three weeks. Any advice ? I am 42. I also wake up in the morning with puffy hands and face. Also I am drinking 2 lts water per day.

Dear Fxy
If you are retaining water then it is always a good idea to have a medical checkup as this could be something quite harmless like water retention due to hormonal variations, or something more serious like kidney problems. It could also be that you just regained the weight lost with the detox you used which may have caused loss of water not fat. Have the checkup and if you are given a clean bill of health reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Exercise is particularly beneficial for helping to get rid of excess water.

1
Posted by: jojo | 2006/07/29

I am 22 yrs old and 6 feet tall. I feel im really thin at 115 pounds.
I have always been thin but fnd it very hard to put on weight even though I eat a good diet.
Breakfast- 2 eggs with toast.
Lunch - rice with pulses and beans and curd.
Evening meal: chicken sandwiches
dinner: vegatables and/or meat with naan bread etc.
I have 2 lts of water daily.
Have had medical check ups regularly with no abnormailty.
My only problem is that I have a minor IBS. once in a month or so if I start eating too much (eg meats) then I find it hard to digest the food.
I am also having a multitamin almost every day and do about half an hour of excersize daily and lead a very stressfree lifestyle
Please recommend some diet whereby I can put on some weight.

Reply to jojo