Question
Posted by: Shirin | 2005/07/20

Weight gain

I have been under-weight all my life. Even after 2 kids, I am still under-weight by 10 kgs. I`ve been for tests and my thyroid etc is all fine. My doctor says that I have a very high metabolism.
I eat all the time, but dont gain weight.
I am 31 years old! Please help me to gain weight.

Dear Shirin
Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone(011) 203-2000 and ask about this and other Nutritional Supplements. Remember that you must take these supplements IN ADDITION to your normal meals, not as a replacement of meals, to ensure that you gain more weight.

1
Posted by: Lullabee | 2005/07/21

I too would love to gain weight. I'm 20 and at university. I have been skinny my whole life and would love to have some curves. How did Charlize Theron and Renee' Zellweger get it right? I would also like to eat healthy as to prevent break-outs.

Reply to Lullabee