Question
Posted by: Olo | 2004/11/01

weight gain

I have a 4 year old daughter who does not gain weight at all. She was weighing 10.5kg when she was 1 year and now she wiighs between 10 and 12kg. I took her to the daughter to examine her but the doctor said there's nothing wrong with her.

I am very worried about this as she is not growing at all plsease help.

Dear Olo
According to the USA Tables children of 4 years should weigh about 20 kg, so your lassie is very underweight. I can only suggest that you take her to another dr for a second opinion as she may have an underlying condition that prevents her from growing properly such as a growth hormone deficiency. So do take her to another dr, preferably a specialist physician or an Endocrinologist (a dr who specialises in hormones). Ask your gp to refer you are look in the telephone director under 'Medical' and then check if you can find an Endocrinologist.
Holding thumbs for both of you