Question
Posted by: sideways | 2008/01/28

Weight and fitness

I race in motorsports and need your advice, basically my sport requires me to be fit and light but sadly I have recently put on 6kg's and the season starts on 16 march. What can I do to shed these kilo's quickly? It's mainly all around my waist. Please advise as I don't want to waste time douing the wrong kind of excercise.

Sideways

Hi Sideways

With 6 weeks basically to go, it's a combinatino of diet and exercise that you need. In terms of the diet, the best is to see a dietician and have something personally for you drawn up.

Then, the other thing that you need to investigate is how you recently put on 6kg. Because that suggests that your recent activities have been at least partly responsible, so you've either changed something in your diet or in your exercise routine and daily life. That needs to be undone.

Then finally, exercise-wise, I'd say that the best is to check out hte programmes we offer on the site and choose one of them. For someone racing cars, I'd say that you should probably be capable of a 10 km run, so perhaps the best is to go to the Fitness page of the site, click on Prgrammes, and then choose the 10km run programme.

ROss