Posted by: carole | 2008/01/15


Hi Doc, didnt know if I should start a new thread or just contiue on the other but you asked me some questions regarding the post below: See my awsers at the end

I have written to you before about my weight issue, you recommend Xenical. I have tried it and it did not make a diffrence to my weight problem. I have piturity tumour can play a role in my weight? I honestly dont eat much and stay away from the "bad" foods. I go to gym 3 times a week and use my health walker at home everyday. No matter what i do nothing is working and I feel my doctors are not taking me seriously and I get the impression they think I stuff my face when I am not. I feel like I am going to break down I cant bear this any more is there any tests or anything I can try pls give me all my options

You said I should see an endo. Well I have see many infact, I had the tumor remved in august 98 but it regrew. They are treating it with Norprolac. Out of all the endo I have seen, they all tell me that my tumor has nothing to do with my weight!!!! that frustrates me so I go from one endo to another. They keep making out that it is me. But i really dont over eat and always try to eat healthy. Do you know of any endo who you think will take this weight issue more seriously? It can be cape town or Jhb it doesnt matter - I am desprate.
Another question I wanted to ask you is where do I go for a pap smear as I have never had one? also does this pick up if you have a cyst?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Carole
You can go to your GP for a papsmear or to a gynecologist. A papsmear only tests for cervical cancer but a gyne will also be able to do a sonar of the ovaries to exclude an ovarian cyst.
This is a bit out of my field of expertise but are your prolactive levels within normal values? Otherwise you will find it difficult to lose weight. You could also post your question to Gyne-doc on the expert forum?
dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.