Question
Posted by: mokete | 2007/06/25

weight

my baby was born weighing 4 kg, he is now nine months and he weighs 12,4 kg, is it normal, because i feel him healthy food and not too much of it either?

Dear Mokete
I must say that your baby is rather heavy for 9 months. According to international tables, children of 1 year on average weigh only 9 kg, so your lad is already heavier by 3,4 kg than a one-year-old. I think you should try and have him examined by a medical doctor, just to see if there is an underlying problem. If he is given a clean bill of health then do not overfeed him as overweight babies can easily become overweight adults. Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on infants younger than 1 year to see what and how much your son should be eating.