Question
Posted by: Wayne | 2004/01/19

Weight

Doc with my work routine I do not have time to diet properly.
I dont have time for breakfast or lunch although I do sometimes have a pie for lunch every blue moon.
I now am putting on weight around my stomach and have gone from a 34 waist to a 38. Is there no diet that you could recommend for my work lifestyle?

Dear Wayne
If you really need and want to lose weight then you are going to have to rearrange your life. To lose weight or burn fat, you need to eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy), and combine it with regular exercise. You will have to take off about 20 minutes to make a shopping list and then spend about 1 hour a week shopping for the foods you require. Then you will have to allocate about 15 min a day to having a healthy, low-fat breakfast (practically all the foods you require are instant and don't need preparation) and packing a healthy, low-fat lunch. In addition, you will need to spend 30 min a day doing some form of exercise such as brisk walking plus situps for the tummy. It is your health that is at stake and you must take these small periods of time out of your busy schedule to ensure that you eat balanced meals and do some exercise.