Question
Posted by: ZEE | 2004/01/27

WEIGHLESS AND EXERCISE

I am about 17kg's overweight due to PCOS (Hormonal Problems) and have joined weighless, been on it for 2 weeks. I have been doing advanced TAEBO for about a month now, but have increased from 3 - 5 days a week. Is this sufficient to lose weight?

During TAEBO exercises, i get pains on my arms and back especially around the muscles, is this normal?

Hi Zee
During your Taebo sessions, your heart rate should be elevated to at least about 120 beats per min for 30 mins of the session. If you find this doesn't happen, perhaps you should do some other forms of cardiovascular exercise, twice a week and stick to Taebo, 3 times a week (I'm a big fan of variation in a programme).

I also recommend you do some toning exercises. Go to the Fitness page and try SHAPE up for SUMMER; there you will find a suitable programme of toning exercises.

The pains you describe, might just be mild muscle strain as your muscles adapt to the exercises. These pains should go after a few weeks of exercise, as your muscles adapt to the exercise. If they persist, check with the instructor that you are doing the exercises correctly, and consider only doing 3 classes per week, as per suggestion at start of e-mail.

Hope this helps - stick with the programme and you should experience fat loss!