Question
Posted by: 2 B | 2007/04/17

Weighless

Is it advisable to go on Weighless while preggies, I know they have a program for preg ladies, I am preg and want to loose a bit of weight....Some people don't advise it

Expert ImageForumArchive

Please consult your doctor about this.

Health Admin

4
Posted by: Visitor | 2007/04/17

yes Weigh-less has a diet specially for pregnant mommies and in that diet you get all the nutrients that your baby needs, actually you get more in than a mommy who is not on weigh-less - cause it is specially formulated for pregnant mothers, so you get more diary etc in. I went to my gynae and she was really in favour of that, I picked up very well on WL, within the range that I should, seeing that i was overweight when I started and 5 months after my pregnancy I lost 15kg (while breastfeeding) because WL also has a diet specially for when you are breastfeeding

GO FOR IT. it is healthy

Reply to Visitor
Posted by: S-p | 2007/04/17

I was on weighless for a year or so, and adopted the way of eating. It is very balanced, and includes all the food groups, and I still try to stick to it, but add extra milk / yoghurt / and eat a little more than the "diet" formula. I just find it a healthy way of eating, rather than a "DIET"!

Get some advice from your Dr, but I can't see it being a bad thing to join & use pregnancy formula.

Good luck!

Reply to S-p
Posted by: Zel | 2007/04/17

To tell you the truth I wouldn't because the baby needs all of the nutrients and protein from your stomache so NO you shouldn't diet while you are pregnant but it is good to eat healthy and not eat so much junk food

Reply to Zel
Posted by: Shez | 2007/04/17

Do it on the advice of your gynae. I have been on WL but not whilst preggies. There is a formula for preggy ladies, but do it on the instruction of your doctor.

Reply to Shez