Question
Posted by: Dissappointed | 2007/08/05

WEIGH-LESS

I am 31, 1.59 and weigh 52.8. I am 31 and have always weigh between 50-51.8. Now I cannot loose this 1.5 kg. And I know I can. I have been on Weigh-Less for the last 5 weeks and havent lost 1kg. I am on Zone 1. I am thinking of cancelling my membership, becasue even if I eat right I dont lose weight. I buy all the right foods and it is quite expensive to eat like this. What for? Please help

Dear Disappointed
The reason why you are not losing the 1.5 kg is that your BMI = 20,9 which is already below the ideal of 22 for which you would need to weigh 55,7 kg! The human body resists losing weight when you are already thin because it tries to maintain a balance or homeostasis. I would not really use a drastic diet in your case and I would certainly NOT try to lose any more weight. You can try doing regular daily exercise to firm up your muscles and keep you fit.