Question
Posted by: candice | 2004/11/19

weigh-less

I want to start weigh-less. A friend gave me the book which i was looking over last night and there is just sooo much food that you have to eat. How can you fit so much food in one day and plus still lose weight eating so much. I've tried to work it so that i have breakfast, snack, snack, lunch, snack, snack, supper, snack and i still don't manage to fit in all the required food. is it a necessity that we HAVE to eat all the amount of food recommended for each group?
I just don't see how it is possible to lose so much weight this way?

Dear Candice
I don't work for Weighless, so I cannot really comment on their specific diet plan. What I do know is that it is a fallacy that you need to starve to lose weight, in fact the body switches off its weight loss systems when it is faced with starvation. So, I would advise that you actually join Weighless and discuss this with the counsellors.

3
Posted by: FH | 2004/11/19

I think that the principle that weigh-less, and most eating plans use is that if your body is getting enough of the proper nutrients in balanced quantities, then it has less reason to think that it is starving and therefore be able to lose the weight easier.

When your body thinks it is starving, it stores more fat for use later, which is why starving yourself doesn't really accomplish much.

Reply to FH
Posted by: Jemma | 2004/11/19

Hi Candice,

I'v been with Weigh-Less for the last 6 year. My starting weight was 71,8kg and I lost 12kg. in 2 and a half months. After 6 years I have not gained any of the weight and althoug I don't follow the WL paln 100%, I have taught myself through WL how to eat healty.

Yes there are lots of food to choose from and you have to eat a lot. But it's small portions and not really that hard to fit everything in if you manage it right.

Do try WL. It helped for me and believe me, you must eat your whole formula otherwise you're not going to loose as much as you would have if you did eat all your food.

Good luck.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: Terry | 2004/11/19

hi, Doc
I weigh 63 kgs and I'm 1,65 metres tall. I have put on weight in the tummy area so that my tummy bulges over low-rise jeans and I'm going crazy as my weight has always been around 58 kgs. I have started excercising daily and walk for an hour once a week. Should I consider joining weigh-less?

Reply to Terry