Question
Posted by: Unsure | 2008/08/08

Weekend Visits

The father of my child and I have an agreement with regard to visitations and maintenance etc regarding our child. We are no longer together but still keep in contact because of our child. We discussed visitation and I told him that I would like him to see her more than once a week (normally on Mondays), as she was getting older (now 2). He agreed to this. However he is with someone else and she hates me and controls my ex. He is not allowed to see our child at night and weekends are a no-no. I respect her wishes because I understand that she wants to spend quality time with her boyfriend. but they live together and are alone all the time. I' m not jealous but i think as a father he should put his foot down and tell her that he wants to play a role in his childs life. I have discussed this with him, he seems to understand but he doesnt act on his intentions. I dont want to go to court as our agreement is working, the only thing is that she doesnt she her father often and she is asking for him. I will never ever call him at night or weekends unless he calls me because I dont want to cause problems in their relationship. What do I do, just let it go and accept that this is what he wants and make my child understand that at this time its not possible for her to see her dad. Your advice will be appreciated.

She should respect his interst in his child ( which is not the same as a continuing interest in you ). Going to court may not help. The court could grant him more isitations / time with the child, IF he requested it --- but it could not and would not COMPEL him to visit according to schedule. Don't lead your child to expect to see more of her dad than is actually going to be likely to occur

1
Posted by: Curious | 2008/08/08

I think the father should put his foot down with his new girlfriend - " love me, love my child" .

Your story is the complete opposite of our situation where the mother is trying to cut my son' s access to his child. No particular reason except bitchiness.

Reply to Curious