Question
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/10/22

Weekend

Dear Cybershrink
We don't go out anymore. We can't. No one visits us anymore. The only one to talk to is my husband. The best I can do is to show him some kindness.

El-Jo,
There is nothing even very remotely selfish or horrible about you, as you are struggling with a really difficult situation, and no reason whatsoever for hating yourself. Nice and sincere people have a sinister tendency to blame themselves for the situation when Bad Things Happen, even though they have had no control over what happened. Have you spoken to the Hospitce people and that Cancer Association ? ( I think these days they call themselves CANSA) ? They have volunteers and helpers available who can help to provide care and symptom control for him, and respite for you, enabling you to have some time out, whether you spend it resting at home or doing something simple which you would enjoy. You don't have to do this all on your own. Call them, talk with them, see what they can suggest.

2
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/10/22

I really hate myself.

Reply to El-Jo
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/10/22

How selfish can I be? I'm horrible.

Reply to El-Jo