Question
Posted by: Savannah | 2007/04/24

WEEK 14 : Update Gastric Bypass Surgery

Hi Doc.
Life is a rollercoaster, and I am enjoying the ride! I have, since my operation lost 21kg and more than 75cm all over. I have lost 15cm around my waist and 21cm around my hips and 17cm around my breast area. I have stopped measuring my legs and arms, but have also lost a whole lot of cm’s there.

I feel wonderful and all the side effects are under control at the moment. I have been battling to loose the last 2kg (from 19 – 21kg) to take me over the barrier and feel wonderful now that I have eventually reached my first goal of 20kg. I never thought I would see the day.

I must be honest to say that this is a huge boost for my self confidence.

Things at work are a bit hectic at the moment, as we have a new manager, who is certainly one of the biggest chauvinists I have ever come across. It has happened on three occasions that he has made snide remarks about my weight and the last time I told him in no uncertain terms that my weight is not up for discussion and I will attack him if he ever should mention my weight again. Although he does not know about my weight loss, I still feel very vulnerable as I still weigh 114kg.

Last week I had my first piece of steak in more than 3 months, and boy oh boy, did I suck and chew on that! Tasted like sweets. I eat some meat now, but still keep it to the minimum as the meat can create a blockage in my intestines. I have to chew like mad!

Anyhow, keep well and untill next week.

*Hugs*

Dear Savannah
Good to hear from you and that you are doing well. Cut steak up into thin slivers and chew it to a pulp before you swallow.
Keep up the good work and keep up updated every week.

1
Posted by: Butterfly | 2007/04/24

Boy you are lucky.......
wish I had the money to go for the op.......!!

Happy for you!!!

Reply to Butterfly