Question
Posted by: Savannah | 2007/04/10

WEEK 12 : Gastric Bypass Operation

Hi Doc. Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend.

Well, I weighed this morning and hells bells need to loose about 300GRAMS to stand on a total of 20KG LOST!!!
This is unbelievable! 20Kg was my first target and I really hoped to be there by today (Week 12).

As you all know, the more I eat, the more I loose, but I just wasn’t into eating this last week or this weekend. So today I had a biggish breakfast and I am going to eat a bit more to see what the scale says tomorrow and Thursday morning. I didn’t have my breakfast over the weekend as I was supposed to, because I caught up on some much needed sleep. Lunch was also very late, so I guess I really cut my nose. I also had to treat the bleeding piles and tried to give them a bit of a rest!

I also cut down on my water intake. I only drink about 3 liters of water per day. I have changed some of my water for soda water as I find that this is more satisfying.

Otherwise I feel fine. I noticed 5 bruises on both of my legs, just above my knees. The bruises look a bit “strange”. When I was much younger when I also developed these strange bruises. It looks like a spider web of some sort. Some are about 2-3cm big while I have another one about 6cm big.

The doctor way back then said that I have some clotting problems and gave me some Vitamin K. Had a look on the net and read that it might be the same problem again. I was on Warfarin after the operation (Thrombosis), and I take my special aspirin every morning. I am a little worried to take the Vit K by myself and hubby said that he will rather take me to the doctor as the symptoms are similar to “Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease”, which some obese people develop, hence the full liver function blood test that I must undergo every three months.

I am positive that I only need some Vitamin K because of the mal-absorption in my small intestine and really hope this and not the fatty liver is the cause. I will let you guys know of the outcome of the blood tests.

Last night I also noticed that my legs are loosing weight fast. Hubby and I had a laugh because he says that all my “bones” are re-appearing again. My collar bone, bones in my hands and my veins are all beginning to show again! What a wonderful feeling. I can even cross my legs without any difficulty again. I feel like a lady!

Keep well and I will let you know as soon as I reach my target.

*Hugs*

Dear Savannah
Well done! So you have now reached your first goal - 20 kg - hurrah! You must be a good patient and do exactly what the dr prescribes. If he says eat regular meals, then please do so, because I don't want your flaking out and feeling wobbly again. It is a good idea to see the doc about the vit K because you were on warfarin which can cause bleeding under the skin. In addition, your absorption of the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) will be hampered by the op. So see the dr, have the blood tests and let me know what happens.
Thrilled with the fact that you are 'remerging' from the past.