Question
Posted by: brody | 2004/11/22

weather anxiety

hi

like your comments and advise -i regualry get lightly depressed or and feel anxiety during hot weather-is this common condition

Hi brody,
I'd be interested to hear what other people have to say, here. Weather obviously can affect our mood. Changes in the balance of light and dark in the day ( more extreme in the Northern hemisphere ) certainly can do so, and some people have mood disorders like Depression linked closely to change of seasons, as in S.A.D.; ( Seasonal Affective Disorder ).
Very hot and humid weather can be disturbing, though maybe not in the form of a regular depression --- but it's oppressive, unpleasant, annoying, and one can feel anxious if there's no ready source of relief from it.

2
Posted by: BEE | 2004/11/22

I usually feel anxious and "strange" when it's windy. I don't like the wind.

Reply to BEE
Posted by: PP | 2004/11/22

When the clouds hang low and dark or its drizzly outside - thats when I feel so depressed and sad. On days like that I always think of the past and how my life has passed me by.

Reply to PP