Question

weak pelvic floor

Im 51 + after 3 children find my pelvic floor is weak. Sometimes it feels as though my inside wants to drop out through my vagina. I DONT want an operation because my sister of 2 yrs older had it + it was a disaster. Are there any excercises? Ive heard of balls that a woman can use to draw up into her vagina to build those muscles up again. Are they any good? If so where can I get some?

You could do pelvic floor exercises - knyp as though you are going to cut off a stream of urine. Do this 50 times a day. If the problem is severe, this is unlikely to help though.
The weighted cones are not freely available in SA. You could try a search on the internet.

2
Posted by: Sugar | 2004/01/19

Hi anon

I find that I am always forgetting to do kegel excercises. The balls that you are talking about are weights that you insert into your vagina. You have to clench your muscles to keep it in and thereby strengthen your muscles. You start with a light one and as you get used to it you change to a heavier and heavier one. I only know of sex shops that sell them. You might be able to buy them over the internet as well. Go to the sexologist site and ask, you will get loads of responses there.

Reply to Sugar
Posted by: Purple | 2004/01/19

Do Kegel exercises. You don't need any special equipment, just contract the muscles you'd use to stop your urine in mid flow. Start with just a few each day and increase as your muscles get stronger. The beauty of these exercises as that you can do them at any time and nobody knows you're doing them.

Reply to Purple