Question
Posted by: racing | 2006/11/13

weak ankles

twisted my ankles playing rugby now when ever i run or play it seems my ankles are weak and i twist them easly are there exercises that i can use to help

Expert ImageArchive

Hi racing.

When injuring an ankle , the problem is the ankle loses its sense of position sense, causing it to resprain. This is because youe ankle has forgotten the limits at which it can safely move to.
The most important thing is to improve proprioception/position sense of your ankle.

Walking barefoot helps improve this . As does light strapping and if you have the resources, use a wobble board, but with BOTH feet on it.

DrP