Question
Posted by: JAY | 2003/02/25

WEAK ANKLE

DEAR DOC:

HI, I’M 26 AND I STILL CARRY A WEAK ANKLE FROM SPORTS INJURY.
I TWISTED MY ANKLE SINCE I WAS YOUNG AND BEFORE IT WAS PROPERLY HEALED.I CARRY ON PLAYING THE SOCCER TOURNAMENT.
SO TILL NOW, I STILL GOT A WEAK ANKLE. ( I STILL PLAY A SOCIAL LEAGUE NOW EVERY SUNDAY).

I’VE WHEN TO A PHYSIOTHARAPIST A FEW YEARS AGO. BUT IT DID NOT GET ANY BETTER.
CAN YOU RECOMMENT ANY MEDICINE OR A PHYSIOTHARAPIST WHERE I CAN GO?
I STAY IN JOHANNESBURG NEAR THE EDENVALE AREA.

THANKS & REGARDS

Jay, I doubt that drugs or physiotherapy is going to improve the situation at this late stage. It might help after an acute injury, but you would probably do better by wearing an ankle support or having it strapped before you play. Another option would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon and find out if there is anything he can do. Good luck.