Question
Posted by: lucy | 2005/11/22

weak and painfull bones

im a 33 yearold woman and feel much older my bones crack and the pain i get in them sometimes is very painfull my hands and wrists and legs are the worse i suffer from epilepsy is it from the fits i had all these years that has weakened my bones

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lucy
No, the fits will not cause weak bones, but the medication that you take for epilepsy can cause osteoporosis (brittle bones). Your pain is something different and can be a form of arthritis, but only a doctor who can examine you physically will be able to tell you. Please make an appointment with your GP to have this seen to.