Question
Posted by: Spokie | 2006/07/25

We have nothing to talk about

Cs, my husband & I have our issues. Lately the issues have been more, but we always seem to be able to sort things out. The one thing that I do not know how to sort out, is that I think we are disconnected for some reason.
Life is boring, And i think it is for both of us. We seem to be wanting more, but all we are getting is the same thing every day.
We are home, and where we could talk for hours, there is nothing to talk about.
"how was your day" is the same question every day, with the same answer. We watch TV, fall asleep. Sometimes have sex, sometimes not.
We do not have the finances to go out allot, we have kids, so we are a little bit restricted too.
How can we prevent from drifting apart. And that seem to be happening here?
Love is not a problem. We love eachother. It is just the every day circle of life that is not exciting at all anymore.

Why not see a marriage counsellor together, to have expert assistance in working out some specific issues, and learning how to be more effective at working things out together, in the future ?

3
Posted by: Cindy | 2006/07/25

Why don't you exercise together, gym or walk or take up cycling. The kids can be handled at junior care at the gym etc.

Reply to Cindy
Posted by: Muffin | 2006/07/25

I cant give you a lot of advice, BUT I can issue a very serious warning. This is the stuff that extra-marital affairs are built on. It only takes one party to meet someone intersesting to swing things around for the worse. It's a good thing that the two of you realise that this is the case in your marriage and want to work on this. Best of luck.

Reply to Muffin
Posted by: Gray | 2006/07/25

Find a hobbie that both of you can do together.
My fiance and I decided to build airoplanes. The plastic ones you buy in toy shops. Its fun, and you find new things to talk about! And get interested in new stuff.

Try to find something together to do, it can even be puzzles!
Good luck!

Reply to Gray