Question
Posted by: Tracffic Fine | 2006/10/31

We broking up and a traffic fines

About 4 weeks ago, my bf and i broke up, but yesterday I went to collect my mail and one of them was a fine of R700.00. This fine was a speeding fine and it was taken by camera during the time my ex was driving my car.

It has taken me a lot of emotional stress to accept that this relationship is over and I don't want to speak to him or see him, but I also don't have the money to pay for the fine.

How can I let him know about the fine without so much as him thinkking I am after him. I really don't have this kind of money!
help.

I hardly think he's likely to interpret a message about a traffic fine as being romatically intended --- why not discuss this with the trafic / police authoritie4s, and suggest they pursue him rather than you ? kat, not nice, and anon are right here, so stop complaining about him, and get things put right

10
Posted by: Lol | 2006/11/01

I agree, just fax it to him and demand payment!

Reply to Lol
Posted by: Traffic Fine | 2006/10/31

Thanks Kat

I will go the Police way!

Thanks a lot

Reply to Traffic Fine
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

hi doll listen the whole reason you posted this was coz you didnt want to have to contact him so no dont waist your time. he broke your heart you owe him nothing.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Traffic Fine | 2006/10/31

Should I let know know about the ticket before I go to the policy or should Ijust go to the police?

Reply to Traffic Fine
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

oh please we have told you what to do but instead you want to complain about it. go to the trafic department see the pic then give them his new details with your afidavit and there we go you dont have to pay for shit.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Traffic Fine | 2006/10/31

The thing is he knows he was driving the time that ticket was given because it was the only time i ever borrowed him my car, and there is no way he can say it was not him driving it. i just feel so sole that now i have to start paying for his wrong doing even after he broke my heart!!!

Reply to Traffic Fine
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

im with not nice on this one

Reply to kat

There is nothing much you can do if the car is in your name.
What you can do is phone the prosecuter, and tell them that all you have is, say, R200 or R300 and that is all you can pay.
They usually squash fines if you admit guilt and offer to pay something.

Posted by: Not Nice | 2006/10/31

Best check the photo to see first if his face is evident. I'm sure there's a section you can fill in and return, if you were not driving the car. DO IT!! There should be no guilt factor on this one.

Reply to Not Nice
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/31

return it to the trafic department and give them his new address. or just fax it to him.

Reply to kat