Posted by: Tinyiko | 2009/09/22

Ways to conceive - HIV positive female

Hi Doc. I' m an HIV+ positive woman, and my partner is not. We would both like to have a baby and are considering seeing a specialist for this? Can we go to a normal gynae for this or do we need to see an HIV specailist. Also, besides the very expensive IVF (we' re both fertile), are there any other recommended methods that are safe for both the parents and the baby? Are there any South African websites I can visit for all this information as most of them seem to be overseas websites? Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You can have artificial insemination with your partner's sperm. This would be done by a fertility expert. The method is the same, whether you look at overseas websites or SA.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.