Question
Posted by: Tangp | 2006/03/31

Waved goodbye! Hectic!

Hi All,

Many of you know that my daughter has just left for good for CT - I have now just waved her goodbye. Today I officially start living alone for the first time in 52 years. I know its ok and all will be well ....but right now it feels like a cannon has blown a huge hole right through the entre of my being!

A big step for both of you, but you'll soon find that not all of those connections have been broken, and that what feels like such a huge hole, won't be so large, and will soon fill in with other sustain ing activities, as well as with your finding more ways to keep in touch with her

10
Posted by: Frusty | 2006/03/31

Yes, I know that feeling. When the older one went to London for six months I could not go into his room for a long time without crying. That horrible hollow feeling.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Tango | 2006/03/31

Thanks Frusts! I will sms over the weekend. Got lots of cleaning up to do today - her empty bare bed looks awful.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2006/03/31

Tango, my heart goes out to you! I know what you are going through, my friend. Today is officially 3 years since I have last seen my son and I would just like to tell you that it does get better, but you will always have an empty space in you. So prepare yourself. I think as mothers, no matter how far away they move, even if it is just next door, we will feel that space left by them.

I wish you well and you know how to contact me if you feel like chatting.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Tango | 2006/03/31

Thanks everyone for all your kind words!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/03/31

Hi Tango

Today my eldest daughter, officially moved into her own place. I can't imagine what it would be like having her move so far away.

I still have another one at home though. I think she might stay till she is 30 something :o)

Before you know it, May will be here. What a nice excuse to visit CT regularly too.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Liz123 | 2006/03/31

Be strong Tango, it's time for yourself now!!!, and enjoy the real freedom.

Reply to Liz123
Posted by: Tango | 2006/03/31

Thanks for the responses and hug. I do fly down end May for a weekend visit.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: GH | 2006/03/31

Hi Tango,

My thoughts are with you. Hang in there Tango, keep reminding yourself she may have left home but she has not left this world, she is still alive. So are you, and just as a new life begins for her, so it does for you too, in a different sort of way. Sending you a huge (((((hug))))).

Reply to GH
Posted by: Tango | 2006/03/31

Thanks Delene - neither do I. I guess I will go through the whole gamut of feelings this weekend!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Delene | 2006/03/31

Hi tango!!!, I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. All the best to you!

Reply to Delene