Question
Posted by: Vera | 2004/11/18

Water<br>Water<br>Water

I prefer flavoured water than normal acid drinks because I believe it has less calories. Is this understanding correct, if I am health conscious?

Dear Vera
Flavoured water is fine, check on the labels to see if it is sweetened with sugar or artificial sweeteners. The manufacturers should also list the energy content per 100 ml, so that you can see how many cal or kJ you ingest daily by drinking this water.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: FH | 2004/11/19

I think that most flavoured water brands are sweetened if I'm not mistaken. There are a few that are artificially sweetened though.

When you say acid drinks, I'm assuming you mean carbonated drinks, like Coke, Fanta etc. I'm pretty sure that the flavoured water is lower in calories than those with a much higher sugar content. The simplest way to check it would be to compare the nutritional info sticker on both drinks.

Reply to FH