Question
Posted by: nono | 2008/01/14

Water vs powerade

I am pregnant. I can't keep up with my 8 glasses of water a day. Water tastes funny and makes me feel liek throwing up. Can I substitute 3 or 4 glasses with powerade? Or what other options can I go for.

Dear Nono
Congratulations on your pregnancy. You do not need to drink 8 glasses of water a day. The recommendation is for adults to drink 2,5 litres of LIQUID (which includes tea, cold drinks, fruit juice, water, milk and any other liquid you may drink) a day. So check how much liquid you are drinking and then add the necessary glasses of your favourite liquid until you are ingesting 10 glasses or cups in total a day.