Question
Posted by: rafty | 2005/12/13

water sports in first few weeks of pregnancy

This may sound really, really petty, and I feel silly to bother my gynae with this besides she is on leave. I am onyl about 6-7 weeks preggies and no one except my hubby knows, I would like to tell everyone on christmas day! Anyway freinds of mine booked a river rafting trip a while ago for this weekend. My gut says no i should not join in (or am i being silly), I would be interested to know what gynae doc or anyone else thinks.

River rafting per se would not be a problem. The risk would be if you had a mishap and injured yourself.