Question
Posted by: Penny | 2004/01/06

Water retention

Are foods should I be eating or perhaps avoiding to alleviate water retention?

Dear Penny
Water retention can be promoted by too much sodium (table salt, processed foods - check the sodium content) and too little potassium (eat more fresh fruit and vegetables and unsifted grains and cereals). Some women find that they retain more water before, during and/or after menstruation - if this is the case, then it may help to take avitamin B complex supplement and salmon oil capsules to boost your omega-3 intake.

1
Posted by: Hamz | 2004/01/07

Penny,
I have read somewhere, that if you drink yor water allowance (approx 2-3 litres per day), you can aviod water retention.
Over the xmas period i drank alot of water and without any exercise i had lost 1.2lbs!
Rgds,
Hamz

Reply to Hamz