Question
Posted by: Funny Ears | 2004/10/18

Water in Ears

Saw my GP with ear problems.He rinsed my ears. Went back with pain and itching in ears, Itching was very extreme.gave me Ciprobay drops used it helped.Understand it is antibiotic and cortisone.Now itching is back and water/moist running from ears worst at night when I sleep. Itching wakes me and moist/water in ears. Ciprobay drops are nor helping/effective anymore.What is going on with my ears what causes this itching and water/moist in my ears.

FE, it sounds like you have a severe ear infection and the best would be to have a swab taken and the causative organism identified. This will also tell what the appropriate treatment is as the treatment you’re taking now won’t work for a fungal infection for instance. Good luck.